Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Hello Year of the Rat

Again, it seems apropos to commemorate the Great 2008! with a new post. And perhaps this dawn of the rat foreshadows a significant turn from previous years. It is a shrewd animal all about survival (and spreading fatal diseases, but that's another story for another year), whereas the pig is all about sloth, gluttony, rolling around in mud and smoking up some ganja. Ganja whuuut?

And so my year begins with an end to my couch surfing, anti-social tendencies, and possibly an end to my ubiquitous negativity all in the name of the adapting surviving rat. In that vein of change and positivity, I've decided to be more genuine and sincere* and explain what this blog is about:

Nothing.

Heehaw, y'all, I'm juss kiddin'**.

Mostly, it's about all the shit that goes down, since I seem to find myself in, shall we say, "interesting," situations. I have a sneaking suspicion that these convoluted situations have something to do with my attempts at becoming an adult. (Side-story: it's ego-boosting to know that your ex-boyfriend*** hasn't really bothered with the whole adult thing, despite being in med school. Proof: he calls you on New Year's Eve as a prank - the EXACT same prank he pulled the New Year's Eve 2006 - and says he, "wants you," as his Beavis & Butthead friends guffaw in the background. It's also nice to validate one's brutal dumping of aforementioned ex, in case one happened to have any lingering doubts.) I also have a suspicion that my attempts at becoming a fully-functioning adult are constantly sabotaged by my memories of Mali, as I have lost all semblance of life-direction and realistic goals since returning. So this blog is a record of Post-Mali life, which I assume will eventually merge with Post-Grad life.

And in case you're wondering why the fuck you should give a rat's ass (heehaw, pun totally intended), consider these posts as words of wisdom as you take a stab at being mature - perhaps you can avoid similar life-hiccups. Remember me when you microwave cookies and say "oh yes, Kamdizzle's poignant essay on the dangers of microwave technology has now made me wary of these new-fangled ways of cooking. I'll do the more American thing and cook some raw meat over a spit-fire on my back porch. Because I'm American. Yes. I mean, "YEAGHHHHHrghhh!"


*I'm lying.
**No, I'm not.
***I'm so fucking mature, I'm not going to say his name. He will remain anonymous. Fucker.

5 comments:

morgan said...

still drunk, i take it

Unknown said...

i don't have any kind of comment that this post merits

Unknown said...

http://www.sit.edu/studyabroad/program_content/contents.cfm?include=mlr_explore_mali.html&progCode=SSA.MLR


Completely unrelated but I found this with comments from "previous students." The fact that someone claimed to have met with "Academicians" while on the grande excursion makes me think that Modibo must have written these.


On an unrelated note to the first part of my comment and more related to your posts, I loved the rat/Texan approach to your post. Very Kafka-esque. Would you say that life is imitating art or that your life is just always a piece of art? I would say the latter.

Neil Biswas said...

www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Brohannan

Kam said...

@neil biswas: i think that def. needs to be edited